Investing in a flat world

The last year I have been reading up on investing and algorithmic trading, taking up an old passion of mine: stock investing and trading. I used to be quite interested in the topic and when at university I also wrote my master thesis on this topic  "Development of an online expert system for option trading".  

I have been blogging since 2004 as part of my professional career and I typically use my blog as a notebook for keeping track of online resources and to write down my thoughts (See JOPX on Microsoft Business Applications and Azure Cloud). This blog will be no different but the topics covered will be different. Blog posts might be written in Dutch (native language) or English depending on the topic and the target audience.

The title of the blog is inspired by The world is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman, the title is a metaphor for viewing the world as a level playing field in terms of commerce, wherein all competitors, except for labor, have an equal opportunity. 

Even in a world where phenomenon's like high-frequency trading (HFT) seem to give an edge to professional investors, I do think that it is still possible for individual private investors to beat indices or even some professional investors (also because individual investors are not limited by a number of constraints). This will be the main theme of this blog - how can you as an individual investor beat the markets using technology.


I already wrote some blog posts on using Python for stock trading on my other blog - https://jopx.blogspot.com/ but  from today onwards I will use this blog for these type of topics:


References:



Comments

Popular Posts